Spring has finally sprung! The weather is slowly warming up and the evenings are staying lighter for much longer.
At this time of year many people get the urge to have a good, deep spring clean of their home – if you have an elderly loved-one, neighbour or friend whose house needs some TLC, then why not give them a hand?
We’re sure they would appreciate it and enjoy your company too. We’ve also put together some top tips to help you get motivated and get the job done well:
- Get organised by getting all of your cleaning products and materials together such as sprays, dusters, scrubbing brushes and polishes, then you will have everything to hand before you start
- Write a list of jobs that need doing in each room, with the most important and biggest first, then you can tick them off as you go – very satisfying!
- Be sure to set yourself aside enough time to do all of the jobs – perhaps during a weekend?
- Go from room to room and complete one room at the time.
- Tackle all the bigger jobs first, such as washing bedding and mattress toppings. If their care labels say you can, then you could also wash pillows and duvets.
- Wash or dry clean your curtains and clean the inside of your windows.
- Remember that the outside of your home will need a spruce up too. Wash windows and woodwork, wipe down front doors and any door furniture, check pots and any plants, and give everything a wash, tidy, brush up and sort out. Also, check your patio paving for slippery algae or moss, which needs to be cleaned off too.