Without our dedicated carers we wouldn’t be able to offer the fantastic service we do, so their wellbeing is of incredible importance to us.
As a member of our team, we want to make sure you’re 100% safe while out and about on calls, which is why we have put together a street safety guide for all of our carers. If you provide care for someone in your area, then you can follow these handy tips too:
- Be alert to your surroundings and other people – report anything concerning
- Avoid using headphones while walking as this could be a distraction and you may not hear things going on around you. It’s also not safe to use headphones while crossing roads as you may not hear oncoming traffic.
- Keep your phone charged at all times in case of emergencies
- Prepare for seasonal changes in the weather such as ice, rain or fallen leaves
- If you’re driving, do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Park in a well-lit spot with your vehicle facing the way you need to leave
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Be aware of uneven surfaces, kerbs, potholes and slopes
- If you’re running late for a call, let the office know
- Report concerns of poorly lit areas of the street.
We also equip our carers with a kit of essentials, which includes a torch. Many of our carers are out on calls before sunrise and well after sunset, so we have provided torches to enable them to see better and to feel safer while walking to and from houses or from their vehicle to a service user’s home.
The kits have been dished out to all our current staff and all new employees will also receive them along with their welcome pack.
If you’re interested in joining our award-winning team, please get in touch.