Need Short Term Respite Support?
Available for a minimum of two weeks, an experienced and fully trained live-in Support Worker will be on hand to continue the routines and lifestyle of the person being cared for.
Our Respite Care is centred on you, your loved one and the home… We have many families that ask us for on-going respite as this enables them to plan their breaks throughout the year in advance, often benefitting from the same carer each time.
However, we also understand that respite care is often an emergency situation, and as a flexible company with a large pool of excellent carers we can usually arrange for respite care quickly and efficiently.
Short term breaks are the ideal stepping stone if you are considering live in as a more permanent on-going solution. It gives you the opportunity to test the relationship of one to one care without any long term commitment.
We also offer Re-enablement over a six week period, which is a method of support best suited to those who have spent some time in hospital or Residential Care and wish to regain their skills and independence in the environment of their own home.
Reablement training is provided for all new recruits as part of the Induction Training.
At Abacare we enjoy what we do and are proud of the investment we make in growing our working relationships with partner organisations.
Our Respite and Re-ablement service aims to provide:
- Help to reduce avoidable hospital admissions, support timely discharges and prevent readmissions.
- Use early and intensive interventions within the Service Users own home to help them to regain their abilities and improve your quality of life.
- Support Service Users to re-learn and maintain daily living skills.
- Help to regain independence by reducing the need for support services.
- Promote a person’s physical, social and psychological health and well-being and their identified outcomes.
- Help to develop a range of skills and competencies.
- Work with Service Users to support a positive transition to a stable long-term package that continues the “enablement” ethos
- Services are available 24hrs a day, 365 days of the year including Bank Holidays, depending on assessed need